Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Symbols YAY! ♥♦♣♠

Symbols!

I have wondered for the longest time how to do a lot of the symbols that aren't on your keyboard. And I finally found out what they are! To use these you don't use the numbers along the top of your keyboard (I tried they just don't do anything). You need to use the numbers to the right side, also known as the keypad.

Yes.. I do own the world's cutest mug... my husband made it for me a couple years ago. ♥ (see I just used one of the symbols! Muahaha!)


I am mainly happy about knowing how to use the ° (degree) sign for cooking recipes and what not. If you were ever curious here they are! There are a lot more of these but I only listed the ones that I felt would be used the most often. You can find bigger lists online I am sure... I honestly just went through and tested up to about 300 and I was just done. They start to repeat themselves and make symbols you already have on your keyboard. There are also quite a few that will make letters. So.. here are the ones you want to see!

Symbols:
  • Alt + 0153 = ™ (trademark symbol)
  • Alt + 0174 = ® (registered trademark symbol)
  • Alt + 0169 = © (copyright symbol)
  • Alt + 248 = ° (degree symbol)
  • Alt + 155 = ¢ (cent sign)
  • Alt + 246 = ÷ (division sign)
  • Alt + 0189 = ½ (1/2 sign)
  • Alt + 1 + ☺ (little white smiley face)
  • Alt + 2 = ☻ (little black smiley face)
  • Alt + 3 = ♥ (heart)
  • Alt + 4 = ♦ (diamond)
  • Alt + 5 = ♣ (spade)
  • Alt + 6 = ♠ (spade)
  • Alt + 7 = • (little black bullet)
  • Alt + 11 = ♂ (male sign)
  • Alt + 12 = ♀ (female sign)
  • Alt + 13 = ♪ (eighth note)
  • Alt + 14 =♫ (beamed eighth note)
  • Alt + 15 = ☼ (sun)
  • Alt + 16 = ► (right arrow)
  • Alt + 17 = ◄ (left arrow)
  • Alt + 30 = ▲ (up arrow)
  • Alt + 31 = ▼ (down arrow)
  • Alt + 18 = ↕ (up and down arrow)
  • Alt + 20 = ¶ (paragraph symbol)
  • Alt + 24 = ↑ (up arrow)
  • Alt + 25 = ↓ (down arrow)
  • Alt + 26 = → (right arrow)
  • Alt + 27 = ← (right arrow) 
  • Alt + 29 = ↔ (left and right arrow)
  • Alt + 130 = é (e - acute)
  • Alt + 156 = £ (symbol for Euros)
  • Alt + 164 = ñ (used for typing certain Spanish words)
  • Alt + 165 = Ñ (same as above)
  • Alt + 173 = ¡ (upside down exclamation point)
  • Alt + 168 = ¿ (upside down question mark)
  • Alt + 236 = ∞ (infinity symbol)
Thanks for looking! Now its time to make your typing look extra amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment