Thursday, August 15, 2013

Worlds Best Dad Award!

So.. my husband totally won the worlds best dad award the other day. As many of you know.. my son is OBSESSED with Toy Story (all of them) and has the full sized Buzz Lightyear and Woody toys. So.. His Buzz Lightyear has been lost for at least a month. My mom told me that she thought she might have seen it in her truck... but she thought it looked broken. I very wearily looked for the "pieces" of it in the truck and finally found him. The only part of him that was broken was.. well.. the fact that his head had been popped clean off. I tried and tried and had no idea how to get it back on. So I brought it downstairs to my husband and showed him the damage.
For my husbands job he has to pick apart machines and put them back together every single day. He said that all he would have to do is take the thing apart to get to the little piece that his head hooked onto. I was really hoping that my son wouldn't see him fixing it.. due to the fact that I thought he would freak out seeing Buzz Lightyear's head popped off his body.
Eventually enough of his buttons got pushed that my son came rushing over to see his poor friend being worked on. He was worried but also SO happy that his daddy was fixing his favorite toy. He kept on saying "Daddy fixing it! To infinity and beyond!" It was pretty much the cutest thing ever.

An hour later my son had his beloved toy back and has not played with anything else for 24 hours now. It just makes me happy that my son has a dad that would drop everything  he is doing to work on his boys favorite toy. I am the luckiest wife in the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment